uPVC is a material for windows that first became very popular in the 1980’s, as a replacement for the mass of aluminium and steel windows that were installed across the UK. Advances in manufacturing and technology have seen it evolve, and we can supply you custom uPVC systems that offer the highest specifications and market leading designs.
If you are looking for highly secure, extremely thermally efficient and very desirable windows, then Alba Glass & Glazing are expert installers of aluminium windows in Edinburgh and the Lothian’s. They are highly robust and structurally strong offering a window that is practically impossible to break in.
Installation by our highly skilled time-served Tradesmen will assure you of a very high standard of quality and finishing’s which will give you years of pleasure and peace of mind.
Benefits of uPVC Windows
The advantages to choosing uPVC windows are limitless. A perfect option if you live in a busy, built up urban area as they reduce unwanted noises considerably – enjoy life in the city whilst benefiting from the peace and quiet of the country.
Not only do uPVC windows perform well, they look fantastic. Creating a visually stunning focal point to your home or commercial property with slim sightlines and attractive aluminium windows. Enjoy increased natural light and fresh air with their large glass panes, great for brightening up any property.
All windows comply with all the latest British Safety Standards and come with a 10-year guarantee.
- Casement - High security / Easy cleaning
- Tilt & Turn - Sash & Case look-alike / Easy cleaning
- Vertical Sliding Sash - Sash & Case look-alike / Easy cleaning
- Fully Reversible - Easy cleaning / Opens outside the home
- Glazed with the latest glass coating options to improve insulation in your home.
- Low Emission coatings to reflect heat back inside your home.
- Multi-chambered frame profile to insulate against cold spots.
- Internally beaded for security with beautiful sculptured beads and frame.
- Pilkington ‘Activ’ self-cleaning glass to eliminate those out of reach areas.
- 28mm thick double glazed units fitted as standard.
- Safety glass fitted where required to give you the safety you deserve.
- Anti-Bandit glazing option to keep any unwanted intruders OUT.
- High security multi-point locking mechanism fitted as standard to our windows.
- Various colours of Handles and Ironmongery to choose from.
All the above options are tailor made to virtually any size.